Friday 12 June 2015

Toasted Chocolate Sandwiches



So this is my first post as a 20 year old (i.e. no longer a teenager), but that doesn't necessarily mean I'll be sharing complicated and "grown-up" recipes yet, especially as I have no intention of learning how to cook meat.  At this point, fairly simple is still the way I'm going.  In the end, my birthday did not involve an outdoor archery session (*cries*), but I spent the morning listening to the Rent soundtrack in bed while starting sewing a Winnie the Pooh cross-stitch pattern, and then spent the afternoon in the kitchen listening to Hilary Duff while preparing the ice cream cake from the recipe I shared last week.  And for a special breakfast treat, I decided to make myself a toasted chocolate sandwich using the recipe I found in Coffee Bites by Susie Theodorou.


Ingredients (to serve 1)

2 slices of thick-crusted white bread
30-50g (1-2oz / ½ cup) dark (dairy-free) chocolate

Instructions

  1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius fan-assisted (or 425 degrees Fahrenheit, or gas mark 7) and preheat a baking sheet.
  2. Chop the dark chocolate and place the pieces in the centre of the pieces of bread.
  3. Toast the sandwich in the oven for 5 minutes, turn and bake for another 3 minutes.
  4. Let the sandwich cool, then slice to serve.





No comments:

Post a Comment