Wednesday 13 January 2016

This Is Not A Book - 2. This Is A Secret Agent


I think I'd originally promised to be back last Friday (8th January 2016), but I've been a bit busy with uni assignments over the past few days.  However, those are now finished and for the next few days, I can generate as much blog material as I want (I'll also be catching up with studio manager things at RamAir, and attending a production meeting for BUSOM's March production of Back to the 80s).

I also have a lot of things happening in 2016:

  1. This is my final semester of uni and overall education, so from next week until mid-May, everything is going to become a huge whirlwind.  I have to get an idea pitch ready in the next fortnight, and then we'll be split into groups for our big final project.
  2. From 12th to 14th March, I'll be producing the aforementioned Back to the 80s production at Studio @ at the Bradford Playhouse.  The production team and I are all very nervous and excited.  I'm mainly doing behind the scenes things like props, costumes, etc., but I've also been thinking about some choreography for Material Girl which I can't wait to test with the others if it works.
  3. In early June, I'll be turning 21.  I currently don't have anything planned, it's also while my brother has school, and it's while many of my uni friends will have possibly gone home for the summer/before graduation and my school friends won't be back home yet, but I'd love to go to London with some of my friends and check off some items from World of Wanderlust's London Bucket List!
  4. In mid-July, I'll (hopefully) be graduating from the University of Bradford with a BSc in Web Design and Technology.  I don't know what the plan is from here though.
  5. Something else that I am kinda excited about, but I'll keep under wraps for a bit until I know properly what's going on.

Anyway, flashback to a month ago, and I was doing Christmas stuff at uni and had had the BUSOM Secret Santa, in which I received This Is Not A Book by Keri Smith.  I said in my first post about this book (12th December 2015) that I didn't know who had given me this for Secret Santa, but I now think it might be Hannah (because of reasons involving wrapping paper), so THANK YOU SO MUCH!  I really want to get into this book more this year and blog my experiences with it on this blog, so here's the second instalment:

"This is a secret agent.

Instructions: Give This Is Not A Book some kind of disguise to hide its identity."

So this sounds mostly simple, right?  By the way, I'm not going to stick anything onto the book, so the following "disguise" is just temporary and also a lot like a dust cover ...

The book without any disguise ...
 
I feel disappointed in myself for not doing anything more elaborate, but this is a little bit awesome anyway.  I'm not very good at folding at all, so the folds to slip the book covers aren't straight or even at all.  I had to try several times to get it right.  Here it is anyway - a simple blue card cover with the title "Little book of Adventure 2016" because I think and hope that this book will bring me many adventures over this year (and possibly beyond) without having to go to places far away (although I will possibly be doing that as well).  Maybe I should have put a picture of a previous adventure under the title ... oh well.  Maybe another time.

Little book of Adventure 2016!
 
 
Before I sign off, I'd just like to say I was distraught to hear on Monday morning as I turned on the television to watch the news during breakfast about David Bowie's death.  In fact, it felt like I was being kicked in the stomach and I kept wishing it wasn't true.  I was so confused because he'd released a new album on his 69th birthday, just 2 days before his death, even though he'd been ill.  Even as a 20 year old, many of my friends and I were influenced by David Bowie and yesterday I felt quite lost, especially when listening to his older music and finishing my report.  I've been listening to his music since I was 14 and at an awkward stage of my life where I was quickly changing (not physically, but emotionally) and didn't know what to do.  Last night, just as I was about to go to sleep, I looked out of my bedroom window to see if there were any stars in the sky that were any twinklier than the rest.  Most of the stars were very faint, but I think there was one that was just a little bit brighter, and I thought that maybe that was the Starman, waiting in the sky.  Rest in peace, David Bowie (1947-2016).


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment