Thursday 24 September 2015

Katie's Summertime Foodie Adventures Summer 2015!


As well as a recipe (to be published tomorrow), this week, I've decided to share a few food photos from restaurants I've been to between April and August 2015.  This isn't a definitive snapshot (I've left out that gorgeous Pianta pizza from Pizza Express, for example), but there were a few pretty good dishes.


  1. Oreo Slice at the Pavilion Café Bar, Bradford - this is just a short walk away from my university, so I'd come here one day in late April for my lunch between my final lecture (well, it was actually a lab session, in which I was doing a website presentation) for 2nd year and going to get ready for Colours Ball.  I'd had jam on toast for my main course, followed by this Oreo slice.
    Oreo Slice

  2. Artisan Romaine Salad at California Grill, Disney's Contemporary Resort in Florida - this was my starter when we ate at the California Grill at Disney's Contemporary Resort for my dad's birthday dinner.  Our dinner reservation was at about 9:20pm, so this was what I was eating when the truly magical Night-time Spectacular fireworks display started at the Magic Kingdom.  I therefore abandoned this dish for about 10 minutes so I could take 50 photographs of the fireworks.  NOTE:  This dish is supposed to have boquerones (fresh anchovies) in it, but I asked not to have them.
    Artisan Romaine Salad
  3. Toasted Goat’s Cheese with Roast Butternut Squash Mousse, Ginger and Pumpkin Seeds, English Watercress,  Almond Quinoa with Roast Squash and Beetroot, Summer Courgettes, Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, Crumbled Goat’s Cheese and Pomegranate Dressing, and Iced Blackberry Parfait, Vanilla and Orange Granola, Poached Blackberries at Eric's in Huddersfield  - we'd come to this restaurant to celebrate my brother's GCSE results.
    Toasted Goat's Cheese with Roast Butternut Squash Mousse,
    Ginger and Pumpkin Seeds and English Watercress.

    Almond Quinoa with Roast Squash and Beetroot, Summer Courgettes,
    Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, Crumbled Goat’s Cheese
    and Pomegranate Dressing.

    Iced Blackberry Parfait, Vanilla and Orange Granola, and Poached Blackberries .



No comments:

Post a Comment