Tuesday 13 October 2015

DIY Chocolate Body Scrub


This week is National Chocolate Week, so I have a couple of posts this week to do with chocolate.  The first of those was inspired by a chat with Yasmina from thejulyjournal.com about making a vegan and cruelty-free gift pack inspired by chocolate.  We were both sent an up-to-date list of vegan-friendly products by The Body Shop for reference at a future time.  Then I remembered this morning that I have a recipe for a DIY chocolate body scrub that also uses vegan and cruelty-free ingredients that you can easily find in your kitchen.  I found this recipe in The Great Big Glorious Book for Girls by Rosemary Davidson and Sarah Vine.  I've been pretty tired over the past few weeks due to uni coursework, stress over my health, and worrying about friends, so this would be a good thing for me to use to relax and finally unwind when I've finished my project proposal later this week!

Ingredients

5 tablespoons sunflower oil
4 tablespoons soft brown sugar
1 heaped tablespoon cocoa (NOT drinking chocolate)

Instructions

  1. Mix ingredients thoroughly in a bowl.
  2. The chocolate scrub will be quite runny, so it's best to use it all over your skin while in the shower and to be careful when applying.
  3. Wash it off thoroughly with your favourite soap or body wash for very soft skin!


No comments:

Post a Comment