Friday 16 October 2015

Homemade Cocoa Delight Nakd Bars


On Monday morning, when I arrived for my 9am lecture, I realised that I had completely forgotten to check if I had a water bottle in my bag or not, and found that there wasn't one.  At first, I thought I'd be fine without one for a day, but then I changed my mind because I like feeling hydrated and ran at 8:53am to the main building to buy myself a bottle of water.  I've also been feeling pretty tired lately, especially having had 24 hour show last weekend, and so when I saw the display of Nakd bars in the shop, I instantly picked up a bar in the Cocoa Delight flavour for a snack to eat on top of my own sandwich and fruit.  Nakd bars are a range of raw vegan, gluten and wheat-free wholefood snacks made with minimal ingredients.  This one contained only dates, raisins, cashew nuts and cocoa, and a couple of the other flavours contain things like orange or mint extracts or strawberries.  The sugars in Nakd bars are naturally-occurring from the fruit, and they taste pretty great too.  Unfortunately, they were being sold at 80p each, so if I want to eat them often, it's probably best that I make batches of them at home to eat whenever.

Ingredients (to make about 12 bars)

2 cups of dates
1.5 cups of cashew nuts
2 tablespoons of cocoa
1/2 a cup of raisins

Instructions

  1. Use a blender or food processor to mix all the ingredients together for a few minutes until quite dry and crumbly.
  2. Press mixture into a Clingfilm-lined baking tin, spreading evenly and making sure it is well-compressed.  Refrigerate for an hour.
  3. Remove baking tin from the fridge and cut mixture into 12 bars.




No comments:

Post a Comment